|A bas-relief in Babylon (via NYT)|
- Finally, work has begun to help preserve and restore Babylon after so much neglect.
- Bernard Frischer in an Op-Ed for the New York Times argues more museums should sponsor more archaeological excavations.
- Two works by Polish artist Julian Falat, looted by the Nazis from Poland were located in New York in 2006 and were formally seized and slated for to Poland in December after an investigation by ICE.
- "[N]o one had done anything to secure these ancient excavations since they were excavated" said Claudio D'Alession, mayor of Pompeii, discussing the ancient site in Newsweek.
- A valuable porcelain object known as the "Nereid Sweetmeat Stand", taken from a Dresden Museum some time during World War II will be returned to a German family.
- Art and a war criminal on the run.
- More on Art Title Insurance.
- Chris Marinello of the Art Loss Register tells CNN art theft is a crime of opportunity.
- Interested in buying shares of a work of art?